Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Crazy 8s

A friend of ours posted on her blog something called "Crazy 8s" and challenged all of her friends to do the same. Kind of like the time she "tagged" us for 25 random things about ourselves. It must be the newest thing circuiting the blogs. Anyway, here are my "Crazy 8s".

8 Things I am Looking Froward To

  1. Attending graduate school

  2. Planinng Lori's 40th birthday party/trip

  3. The day it stops raining

  4. James sleeping through the night

  5. Paying of Lori's student loans in November

  6. Completing our home improvement projects

  7. Visiting Lighthouses in Michigan & Ohio while attending a friend and co-worker's wedding

  8. Visiting Bronner's, the world's largest Christmas store, while attending the same weeding



8 Things I did Yesterday

  1. Sang the "Wheels on the Bus" song with James

  2. Returned the movie "Marley & Me" to Blockbuster

  3. Spoke with our realtor about paint colors

  4. Told my wife, Lori, that I love her

  5. Communicated with professors at East Carolina University

  6. Mailed a textbook I sold at the post office

  7. Framed a painting for a colleague's daughter

  8. Packed up all of our CDs, DVDs, and VHS tapes



8 Things I Wish I Could Do

  1. Visit every lighthouse in the United States

  2. Live in a house on the beach

  3. Have James meet his Grandma Risk

  4. Travel whenever/whereever I want

  5. Buy a new BMW (even the el cheapo model)

  6. Skip packing the house and just move

  7. Win my own fantasy football league

  8. Take all of our friends with us when we move



8 Songs I Will Never Get Tired of Hearing

  1. I Could Not Ask for More by Edwin McCain

  2. Beautiful Boy by John Lennon

  3. On Eagle's Wings

  4. The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkle (actually any song by Simon & Garfunkle)

  5. The Little Drummer Boy

  6. The Pipes of Peace by Paul McCartney

  7. Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton

  8. Scout Vespers (a Boy Scout campfire song)



8 Plans for the Rest of the Week

  1. Buy a Mother's Day card and present for James to give to Mommy

  2. "De-clutter" the house for the realtor's pictures

  3. Buy grass seed, paint, and hardware at Lowe's to complete our home improvement projects

  4. Take James to visit with Grandma and Grandpa (so that we can complete the "de-cluttering" without interuption)

  5. Re-seed the backyard

  6. Plan a trip to visit East Carolina

  7. Make time for my wife

  8. Post to my blogs



8 Shows I Watch (when I have time)

  1. NBC's The Today Show

  2. ABC's Private Practice

  3. ABC's Brothers & Sisters

  4. ABC's Samantha Who?

  5. ABC's Grey's Anatomy

  6. Noggin's Go, Diego Go! (James' favorite)

  7. Noggin's Dora the Explorer (another James favorite)

  8. Food Networks's Chopped

No comments: