Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Change Pot Tuesday

Wednesday - $0.02. Two pennies in separate locations. The first, by the trash can at the register of Rio Grande Mexican Restaurante (again!) and the second on the sidewalk outside of Family Dollar. I really wish I could find more nickels and dimes. The pennies do add up, just very slowly.

Thursday - $0.12 total. One dime and two pennies found in three separate locations, but all within a few hundred feet of each other. The first was a penny in the Wendy's parking lot on Route 7 in Morgantown. I almost missed it because of how dull and nicked up it was. The second find was a dime near the register of Family Dollar a few doors down from Wendy's. The lady in front of me in line dropped a dime and a penny. For whatever reason, she only picked up the penny and left the dime. Maybe that makes me a bad person because I didn't say anything, but I guess I feel that if the lady was too busy (she was talking on the phone while paying for her purchases) to pay attention, then she can afford to donate ten cents to the cause. The last find was another penny on the sidewalk near the Minor Family Physician a few more doors down from the Family Dollar.

Friday - $0.02. Two pennies in the same glass covered candy rack at Sheetz. I really wonder how people are able to drop money in this rack because of the way it is covered.

Monday - $0.01. A single penny at Lowe's hiding behind a rack near the customer service counter.



Weekly Total: $0.17
YTD Total: $3.83

No comments: