Thursday, May 14, 2009

Here's Your Sign...

You probably have heard the comedy routine of Bill Engvall called "Here's Your Sign!". Well, today, I got to hand out one of those signs and I thought I would share my experience.

The winner of today's "Here's Your Sign!" was a line cook at Wendy's. I had ordered a bacon cheeseburger with pickle and mustard only. Pickle and mustard only is my normal request at fast food restaurants because then I know my sandwich is hot and fresh. And besides, I hate mayonaise, ketchup, and most other condiments on my sandwich. If I want a salad on my sandwich, I will order one separately and put it on the hamburger myself.

Anyway, the lady assembling the bacon cheeseburger with pickle and mustard only got a little confused. After staring at the order screen for a few mintues, she turn to me and asked - "Do you want the cheese and bacon on that?" Duh! I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, not a hamburger. Why would I pay more for a bacon cheeseburger and then get it without the bacon or the cheese????? Do I look stupid? Do I look like I have money growing on trees and don't know what else to do with it? We're in a recession! Of course I want the cheese and bacon on that!!! That's why I ordered a bacon cheeseburger!

....and here's your sign.

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

I have had similar experiences when I order a cheeseburger plain (which is always my order). And get a hamburger and bun. No cheese. It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to screw up a cheeseburger plain. I have learned to ask for a cheeseburger with only meat, cheese, and a bun. Sometimes, though, it is still messed up.