Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Change Pot Tuesday

This week's change pot was a bit of a dissapointment. My found money has decreased each week and at the current rate of decline, I will have my first week of finding no money in just a couple of weeks. Even in a rural area, I feel I should be finding at least a penny a day. This week, I barely averaged that. What's even more disappointing is that we took a short trip to Indianapolis, the 12th largest city in America, and I still only found ten cents total for the week. Is this a sign of the times???? Are people paying more attention to their change? Are others jumping on the found money bandwagon, making it harder to find even a single penny?

Here are this week's highlights:

  • Thursday - I found a penny on one of the breakroom tables at work. Don't tell anyone, they may come and try to claim it.

  • Friday - I found three cents in three different places. First, I found a penny while pumping gas at the Meijer (like a Super Wal-mart) in Englewood , Ohio. Later that day, we arrived in Indianapolis, Indiana and we stopped by the Castleton Square Mall. I found a second penny on the ledge of the counter at Pizza di Roma. On the way out of the mall, I found a third penny lying on the floor outside of the Charlotte Russe store.

  • Saturday - I found a nickle underneath an SUV parked next to us at our hotel.

  • Tuesday (Today) - I found a penny on the counter at Arby's on Route 7 in Morgantown, WV. It was lying right in front of the register.



Weekly Total: $0.10
YTD Total: $1.42

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

Hey, that penny was mine! :) Just kidding. Thought it needed to be said.