Thursday, April 9, 2009

Update on Goals

Well, the year is a quarter of the way over and it's time to update on our goals for the year. I have achieved 5 of my 43 goals for the year so far. That is an 11% completion rate so far. I am also well on my way to completing some other goals. By the time May rolls around I expect to have completed 3 to 4 more. Most of the goals that have been completed are improvements around the house. For instance, our front door is now painted to match our shutters - something that has been on my list of goals for three years! Better late than never. Below are the goals that have been accomplished so far:

1. Submit an article for publication
2. Finish remodeling guest bathroom (another goals of 3 plus years
3. Paint front door
4. Fix ceiling in master bathroom
5. Paint the foundation

The two goals that I have made the most progress on are walking 5,000 steps a day and reading 12 books. I am actually averaging over 6,000 steps six days a week and over 7,000 steps on the seventh day of the week. Because I am exceeding this goal by so much, I am going to revise my goal to average 7,500 steps per day. I did not get any reading done last month, but I have still read 6 books so far this year. I hope to get back to reading this month.

I hope everyone else is doing as well on their goals for the year. Its hard to believe that in a couple of months, the year will already be half over. If you haven't started working on your goals, no is a good time to start.

No comments: