Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Change Pot Tuesday

This week's recap:

Friday - A single penny found at the Sheetz gas station on Route 7 in Morgantown while getting drinks for our road trip to Pittsburgh for the Easter weekend.

Saturday - A dime found at the cafe counter in Borders Bookstore on McKnight Road in Pittsburgh's North Hills.

Monday - Two pennies were found at an Exxon station in someplace called Ladysmith, VA. I stopped here for gas and a bathroom break while on my way to Williamsburg to visit graduate schools in Norfolk and Salisbury, MD. (I only stayed in Williamsburg because it was cheaper than Norfolk.) The first penny was found outside by the pump I filled up at. In fact it was under the car when I got out. The second penny was inside on the floor by the register.

Tuesday - Tuesday was a big day for the change pot with finds totaling $0.37. The first find was a quarter at the parking pay station of Old Dominion University's visitor lot. I had put in $3.00 and was attempting to put in a fourth, when the machine gave me my quarter back, plus an additional quarter. I then proceeded to lose both quarters in the machine, but will donate $0.25 to the change pot for the original find. Later that day in the university's student union, I saw a gentleman with a disability drop a dime. Instead of picking up the dime, I informed the gentleman of his loss. I admit, if the gentleman had not had a disability, I may not have said anything. I am donating a dime to the change pot for this find. The final find for the day was on my way to Salisbury, MD for Wednesday's campus visit. I stopped to get something to drink at a WaWa (a gas station) on US 13 in Virginia Beach. I found two pennies on the floor at opposite ends of the check out counter. Not bad for the day, and a good strong finish to the week.

Weekly Total: $0.50
YTD Total: $2.64

No comments: