Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Change Pot Tuesday

Wednesday - One penny on the sidewalk in front of Wicomico Hall at Salisbury University in Salisbury, MD.

Saturday - Saturday was the jackpot of the week with a total of $0.38 found. The first find was one penny in the automatic changer at a register in a BP gas station in Columbus, OH. At first I thouht this was one of those "Need A Penny, Take A Penny" trays, but when my own change came out, I picked it all up including the penny that had been left by the person before me. That evening, we found $0.37 cents at the Easton Town Centre in Columbus. We began by finding $0.11 outside of the parking garage in the form of a nickel and six pennies. The change was spread out in a path like a Hansel and Gretel bread trail. Most likely someone lost the money through a hole in their pocket while walking from the garage. We proceeded to P.F. Chang's where we had intended to have dinner and found a quarter on the sidewalk in front of Chipotle. I find it rather interesting that the quarter was lying on the sidewalk right next to a couple of tables full of people and no one saw it or bothered to pick it up. After dinner, which ended up being at the Cheesecake Factory because of the long wait at P.F. Chang's, I found a penny on the floor while on our way out of the restaurant. Saturday's finds put the Change Pot over $3.00 for the year.

Sunday - Found 4 pennies in three separate carhop bays at the Sonic on Olentangy River Road in Columbus.

Monday - I found a single penny in the parking lot of the Sabraton Plaza Shopping Center in Morgantown. I ended up drenched for the the time I took to pick it up because of the pouring rain, but I will still add it to the Change Pot.



Weekly Total: $ 0.44
YTD Total: $3.08

Next week I think I might post some Change Pot stats comparing where my finds have been. Let me know what you think and I will see what I can come up with.

No comments: