Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Change Pot Tuesday

Last week, our friend and co-worker Jen shared a blog with us about a couple who had been collecting "lost" money in a Change Pot for over three years. In that three years, the family has found more than $1,100. They family lives in or around New York City and takes daily walks solely for the purpose of hunting for money. They often even photograph where the money was found and plan on donating there finds once the Change Pot reaches $10,000.

Reading this blog inspired me because I often find money lying around on the ground. People always tell you to hold your head up high, but I say that you miss out on all the money that people drop. I may not find as much money as the family in New York because I don't live in as populated an area and I am only one person looking instead of an entire family, but I think I will do well. I wish I could say that I will be as generous as the family and donate my findings, but quite frankly with the tough economic times and soon to be a graduate student, I will most likely end up using my findings for our family.

With that being said, yesterday seemed to be a good day to start as I found a $1 bill on my way to do a presentation on Web Accessibility. The dollar was lying one the ground in the WVU Mountainlair (student union) parking garage. It was lying in a puddle of rain water underneath one of the pay stations. I picked it up thinking that the dollar would eventually dry out.

I won't post daily like the New York family because I don't have the time to post that often, but I will post weekly on Tuesdays detailing the previous weeks finds.

Weekly Total: $1.00
Year to Date Total: $1.00

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

Awesome! I think we'll start looking too and try to post results every once in a while. On Tuesday since you started the trend! :)