Monday, January 12, 2009

Risk Family Genealogy

As some of you may know, we have been tracing our family heritage since shortly before James was born in 2007. We have traced our roots back to Germany, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, and Switerland and now have almost 700 family member in our tree. Recently, we discovered some ancestors who helped secure our family's place in history with George Washington at VALLEY FORGE! I wish that I could claim the discovery, but that actually goes to my brother John. I am researching our biological mother's line, while he is researching our father's side. The lineage goes back through the Browns, Phillipses, and eventually to the Halls following the maternal heritage. William Hall, our Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather apparently served at Valley Forge as well as the Sandusky Expedition. This is the most significant find in our family tree to date. We have had some relatives in other wars, but none seem to have played as important a role as Mr. Hall. I am in awe of my ancestors.

No comments: