Saturday, January 31, 2009

Goals for 2009 - Update

Well, it is hard to believe tha January is already over. Already our year is 1/12th of the way finished and I thought it would be a good time to update on how I am doing with my goals for the year.

For my personal goals, I hoped to read 12 books this year. (I do not count James' 5 page board books as part of this goal - otherwise I would have already met this goal.) To date, I have completed 3 books and I am halfway through my fourth. The books I have completed are The Choice by Nicholas Sparks, The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks (I have read all twelve of his books). and Which President Killed a Man? by James Humes (answer - Andrew Jackson). The fourth book which I am currently working on is Hudson's Merchants and Whalers: The Rise and Fall of a River Port by Margaret B. Schram.

I had also listed writing 12 poems this year under my personal goals. I have completed one. A poem I wrote to my wife Lori to say how much I love her.

For my goal of losing weight - I can tell I have lost some, but it will be difficult to say how much because I never weighed myself when I wrote out my goals. I know my clothes are fitting just a tad bit looser and I have been pretty faithful at drinking my Slim Fast shake in the morning.

I would like to say that I have made progress on some of the other goals, but it is really too early to tell. I hope to have a better report at the end of February. Until then, keep wishing me luck and thanks for helping keep me in line.

No comments: