Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Change Pot Tuesday

Change Pot Tuesday is a weekly recap of finding money that other people have lost. However, it is more than just picking up pennies and collecting lost change. For those readers and followers who have begun following the Change Pot midway, Change Pot Tuesday is about charity. When the Change Pot reaches $100, it will be donated to charity and the process will be started all over again. Loyal readers and followers will have an opportunity to help me choose which charity will receive the money accumulated in the Change Pot. While, I don't expect to change the world with the Change Pot, I do hope to help a charity in some small way.

Thursday - $0.10. I found a dime on the floor at the checkout counter of Sheetz (a gas station/convenience store) on Route 7 in Sabraton (Morgantown, WV). I had to wait to pick it up because the counter was busy and I didn't want to get my hand stepped on. When I did pick it up, the lady next to me probably thought I was trying to check out her legs. I wasn't though. The checkout area at this particular Sheetz is very small and crowded. The store has tried to cram too much into too small and area, including a hot food rack that is placed right in the middle of the checkout lines!

Saturday - $0.02 total. First, I found a penny in the WVU Mountainlair parking garage while exiting James' swim class. Later after lunch as James' playdate with his friend Morgan was ending, I found a second penny near a charity deposit. Now, you can say that I stole this from the charity because it was obviously meant for that charity, but simply didn't make it into the charity's container, but hey, I am still donating it to charity, just a different charity.

Sunday - $0.03. Three pennies inside the Sheetz in Star City (Morgantown, WV). The first was on the floor near thye checkout, but much less crowded because of the time of day. The other two were stacked neatly on a candy rack next to the checkout.


Weekly Total: $0.15
YTD Total: $6.01

No comments: