Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Refrigerator's Purpose

This is a Not Me Monday story, only it really truly does not invole me. It involves another member of our family who "dared" me to write about this Not Me event. That individual will remain nameless, but they did not wish to write about it themselves.

On Friday night, I (substitute the real culprit here) did not have a bowl of cereal before going to bed. And on Saturday morning, I (again substitute the real culprit)did not wake up with no milk to have cereal for breakfast. On Saturday afternoon, I (real culprit) did not open the kitchen cabinet for a glass to get a drink and find a 1/4 gallon of milk.

On Saturday, our family went shopping in Clarksburg and had dinner at Ryan's. James was given milk with his free kid's meal. The waitress brought two pint size cartons of milk. James drank one and we brought the other home.

On Sunday, morning I (real culprit again), did not find an unopened pint sized carton of milk in James' diaper bag.

What is really funny about this Not Me incident, is that it appears to run in a certain family. I have heard stories of a grandmother (not mine) who was notorious for doing similar things in the later years of her life.

I am now wondering how much we can get for our old refrigerator since we obviously don't need it anymore. Any offers?

No comments: