Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Change Pot Tuesday

Last week's Change Pot paled in comparison to the previous week's until the final hours on Tuesday. At that time, the Change Pot had it's most interesting find and one of the largest individual finds. Leading up to Tuesday, we had only found a single dime on Sunday while doing our grocery shopping at Giant Eagle. The dime was on the floor near the end of a check out aisle. We had to walk right past it to get to the produce section and so we collected it.

On Tuesday, however, we found $0.35 in the form of a quarter and a dime. What is interesting about this find is that it was money WE LOST!!!! Yes, I found the $0.35 in our own home in the cushions of our couch. Normally this would be that big of a deal, except that our couch is fairly new and that I was actually looking for something else when I found the change. We had been watching the movie "The Reader" with Kate Winslet and Ralph Fiennes and I was lying comfortably on the couch. We had been snacking on buttered flavored popcorn Jelly Belly® jelly beans and I thought I had dropped some. Being that the couch is fairly new and we don't typically eat on it, I wanted to make sure that I had not lost any of the jelly beans to the couch and began running my hand between the cushions. Not only did I find $0.35, I also found a AA battery!

Weekly Total: $0.45
YTD Total: $4.70

2 comments:

Mama10EE said...

That is way too funny! Popcorn flavored jelly beans?!?! Ewwww...

Anonymous said...

You are right on that...they taste nothing like I remember. By the way, The Reader is a very good movie, but not one to watch with kids around.