Friday, November 21, 2008

34 Shopping Days til Christmas!

It's hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner. Where exactly did this year go? In just a few weeks, we will begin mailing out Christmas and Hanukkah cards and exchanging gifts with all of our friends. Every year it seems our Christmas card and gift giving list grows - family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers. We certainly don't mind. We both enjoying giving gifts. It's the shopping we dislike. People are so rude at this time of year. It never ceases to amaze me at how hateful and rude people can be at a time when love and courteousness is suppose to fill the air. This is why you do your Christmas shopping on December 26th (or up to a week after Christmas)! Lori and I have actually done that for each other the past couple of years. It sure beats fighting the crowds.

Yesterday, however, Lori and I began our Christmas shopping for everyone else on our list and we actually did very well. We stayed within our budget (if you don't count sales tax), and we now have about 1/3 of our shopping complete.

Only 34 more days!

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

I very literally start Christmas shopping Dec 26th for the next year, and almost always have 95% of my shopping done by September 1. This year I need 2 gifts and I will be totally done. Like you I absolutely hate the rudeness and hatred that fills people while shopping. Not only have they forgotten why we celebrate CHRISTmas, but why they are buying the gifts (for people they love, to make them feel special). It ruins the holiday season for me.