Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Week of Classes

Well, I have made it through my first week as a graduate student. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Not because of the assignments, but because of all the resources available. I don't know where to begin my research. I also think I am overwhelmed because I am not settled yet. We won't be physically moving for another week and a half and I feel there is so much for me to do, yet I can't really concentrate because I am still trying to figure out everything with the move. In the end, I think I will be alright once things get settled, but until then I will just have to take it one day at a time and make sure I schedule enough time to get me schoolwork done. It will have to take priority if I am to make sure I don't fall behind. One group research paper with a presentation to class, one group project and two short 5 - 7 page papers to present in class. I think that will turn out ok. I'll have to relinquish some responsibility in the group project and research paper. Not sure how well I will be able to do that. I have never been one to give up responsibility when it is my grade on the line, but I have to realize I am dealing with graduate students now. More like professionals than undergraduates. I am looking forward to the challenge.

No comments: